spring shabby blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shrimp Bisque recipe

Well here I am snowed in!  An unexpected but joyful day off of work.  I've got the wood stove going with plentiful wood.  It's 18 degrees outside, sunny and beautiful, I plan on posting some pictures on my facebook page later today.  I will spend the day doing my favorite things, making beads and jewelry.  I'm still making the christmas beads for another week or so then I think I'll be switching gears and start on my valentines day beads.  Decided to make a big pot of shrimp bisque, here's my recipe:

1 onion, minced finely
mushrooms, sliced,
celery diced
potatoes diced
fresh parsley..I like the flat leaf better, more flavor!
saute in olive oil with salt, pepper, and garlic,  I only use fresh  (something my mother always used)  Add 2 cans of chicken broth and some water,
then I let it cook till potatoes are tender adding a bay leaf and a splash or two of Tabasco.
I also like to add some lemon, a can of tomato sauce, a little dill , let it cook a little more and then I add milk at the very end along with the tiny bay shrimp just to heat through.  Also you could add a little thickening agent if you like with either a cornstarch or flour and water mixture when you add the tomato sauce.
I sprinkle some cayenne pepper and some white pepper on top, when serving-- I guess I like pepper something I got from my father who used to  copiously pepper his food.  A dollop of sour cream would also be good with this.  I like to serve this with homemade bread, something everyone at some point in there life should attempt.  It's really not hard just time consuming but oh so worth it!!

A big hug from me to you, wishing you blessings for a Happy thanksgiving.
ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment