spring shabby blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Butternut squash soup with madras curry

                                                                                 Recipe:
Saute :
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
2 garlic, put thru press 
in 2Tbl evoo and 2Tbl butter
saute for a few minutes and then add 2Tbl madras curry

Then add 3 cups of chopped butternut squash
2 cans chicken broth
1 diced potato
salt
                                                                                    pepper
                                                                                    bayleaf

I also through in about 3/4 cup of cooked chicken that I shredded up
( I buy one of those chickens from the grocery store that are roasted and ready to go)

Cook for about 20 minutes then puree with your hand held blender

Yum!  I served this with homemade bread,  and asparagus that I had boiled for about 3 minutes, served drizzled with butter and my fave~~blue cheese









much love to you!
Miss Daisy and Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment