spring shabby blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Renee's Broccoli salad



Here's my recipe for Broccoli salad, I acquired this recipe from a friend of mine about 22 years ago, I was pregnant with Kameron and was in a womens bunco group.  We met once a month and Renee was the sweetest lady, she passed away and I renamed the salad after her, she was the one who discovered it.

First thing I do is cook the bacon.  I layer the bacon singly on a wire rack, then put that on a cookie sheet or something with sides to catch any drippings.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Cooks perfectly everytime, and evenly, no worrying about burnt areas.  whiile that is cooking I prepare....

In a bowl mix together with a whisk
1 cup mayonnaise.... no miracle whip!
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar

Then chop up
1 red onion
1 ball mozzarella, or buy it shredded if you are liimited on time
broccoli,  I use the florets and also quite a bit of the stem.

Mix into the mayonnaise mixture, then top with the bacon.
My son's favorite and I made it quite often when I used to work at a little gourmet take-out restaurant.


This is what we had for dinner, along with roasted chicken, and blueberry and mango salad.
Now onto making Queen Kim's beads!
much love
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment