spring shabby blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Prayers please for my dear friend

In all of the time that I have been selling on Etsy I have met many wonderful women and many of whom I consider my dear friends and who I feel very connected to.  We encourage, inspire, support and praise each other, share our dreams, our hopes and our disappointments and trials of everyday life.  Gale has shared with me her journey of her illness and has asked me to share this with you so that you may be informed.  I feel very honored in doing so.  I have never met Gale so to speak... but her strength, her fantastic sense of humor comes through in all of her 'convos'  to me.   I am hoping that we will be able to meet in person some day soon. Sending all of you many thanks for your friendship.


        (¸.•´ (¸.•´♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥´•.¸) ´•.¸) 


Hi to all of my fellow DeniseAnnette fans. I want to thank Denise for allowing me a bit of space on her blog to share my journey with you. It is my sincere wish that it will help someone else..

Last March while taking a shower, I noticed a small lump under my arm. We've all had infections before with swollen lymph nodes, so I wasn't too concerned. I called my doctor the next day. Within in a week I had been biopsied and diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. The lymph node contained breast tissue which identified it as breast cancer instead of lymphoma or another type of cancer. The very unusual thing about it was that I DID NOT then nor do I now have a lump in my breast. Mammograms, ultrasounds, and a special breast MRI confirmed that there was no lump in my breast. My oncologist told me that this is very well known throughout the oncology community. But what made me so angry, was why didn't I know this? No one I've talked to has heard of it, not even radiology technicians. With so much breast cancer awareness out there, why don't the rest of us know to check lymph nodes as well as breasts for lumps? I have never missed a mammogram or a follow up ultrasound when a clearer picture was needed. Well, for me, the chemo treatments haven't worked. I am now at stage 4 with metastasis into my abdomen and fluid under my lung. So my prognosis is heartbreaking. But I pray that this bit of information will provide someone else with a different outcome. Please, check your lymph nodes and have your doctor check at each exam. Please encourage those you love to do the same.

Now go make something pretty with one of Denise's beautiful beads and give thanks for the blessed life you have been given. That is what I'm going to do. Thank you, Denise, for allowing me to share.

Much love,
Gale

 (¸.•´ (¸.•´♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥´•.¸) ´•.¸)

I believe in prayer, many of you know that I was in a very terrible life altering auto accident which took the life of my sweet friend Norma.  We switched 'spots' in the car just after dinner and 15 minutes later we were rear ended.  I will never ever be the same, my bead making is my gift from God and this has helped me through pain, depression, anxiety and overwhelming despair.  I was so blessed to have many people praying for me.  It is a known fact that prayer helps and I continue to pray and hope for Gale's remission of her cancer, please join with me in praying for Gale.

with much love,
Denise

7 comments:

  1. What a tragic story Denise. My thoughts are with your dear friend. Her case is indeed most unusual as the breast screening programme (in the UK) does pick up the majority of silent breast cancers within the breast. However to have a lymph node breast primary is very very unusual. I hope she finds strength from her family and friends. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Denise and Gale; You are and will be in my thoughts and prayers. I just recently met someone who had stage 4 twice and is still going strong!! I pray the Lord give you the strength to carry on. Sending you my sincere warmest regards to both of you, Denise and Gale. Love, Lori xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Denise, Dear Gale,
    First thank you Denise for sharing Gale 's story, I was very sad after I reading this, but grateful that you took the time Gale when you are going through so much. Please know you now have informed many by sharing what has transpired in your life, know that God allows everything to happen for reasons we can't understand and don't want to accept & we then ask WHY? I believe strongly in the power of prayer & even stronger is my faith in The Lord,... I know he is right by your side through this & I believe in miracles & you now a whole lot if new friends praying for you & with God by your side you can beat this. Just as what Denise went endured with her terrible tragedy & loss, he blessed her with this wonderful gift of her beautiful Artistry which then has touched many of us & brought a gathering together. Her art brought you here! Know he has a plan for you Gale, please keep your faith strong. And thank you as we now all know to be our own advocate when seeing Dr's & requesting testing be very thorough.

    God Bless you both in his gracious love~~~~<3

    Sending out warm hugs of comfort,
    Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Denise and Gale,

    Denise thank you for sharing Gale's story with us. You both are in my deepest prayers. I share many of the same views expressed by Mary and believe God has a plan that we may not see or understand but is none the less greater. I have had my own health issues since I was 22 and believe whole heartedly that I am alive through the power of prayer. The Lord gives us strength when we seek him and ask. Gale, your story brings awareness where many of us did not know, even with all the awarenes there is. I know I will be checking much more carefully and advocating for myself even more than I do now. You also show great strength and courage! As do you Denise!! I also know that that kind of courage and strength with your personal relationship with God can bring so many blessings, even if they are not fully seen at the time. Thank you both for your inspiration and strength♥

    Within my deepest prayer and with love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gale (and Denise),
    Surely it must be fate that you two have come to know each other? Both having challenges in their lives and both finding joy making/working with beautiful beads. I often wondered what you did with all the beads you have bought from Denise and now I know-you create wonderful things with them. I buy all the cat beads but unfortunately poor Denise gets stuck with making them into beautiful jewellery for me.
    Your story is a tough one, and I thank you for making the rest of us aware of how we can help ourselves, but you sound as if you are up to the challenge and will keep fighting.
    Prayers and good wishes are with you and hopefully will help against your foe.

    Deb Gurden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your prayers and kind wishes. I hold them all close to my heart just as Denise does. It helps to know that there are people out there pulling for you. It is a joy to make friends with people you have never met, from far away places but who come to mean so much to you. Denise has been that friend for me. Now I feel that I have many new ones.

    I am starting a new chemo drug Tuesday. Perhaps this will be the one that works for me. And..... I get to keep the little pixie hair that it has taken me 5 months to grow out. Yay!

    Thank you all for helping me on my journey. You will be in my prayers, as well.
    Much love,
    Gale

    And I do have a lot of beautiful beads, Deb! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise and Gale,
    I am shocked and saddened by this news.
    Denise, I don't know if you know what joy your beads and your gift brings to so many people. I believe that heaven is truly amazing and Norma has probably been given a "job" by the good Lord. I have lost a couple of really good friends and my Mom and I often wonder what The Lord has asked them to do, such as being an Angel, or helping souls get used to heaven. You should talk to her, I am sure she hears you.
    Gale,
    I always have a soft spot when I think of you. We usually like the same beads and admire the same color combinations. I am so sorry to hear this news. I did not know to check under my arms. I check my breasts and around them. Your educating people can save lives. I want you to know that it is very important in your mind to stay positive and to picture yourself fighting this disease. I do believe in the power of prayer.
    I want to wish both of you strength, courage, prayer, and happy positive thoughts.
    :) Kate Hughes

    ReplyDelete