spring shabby blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Halibut lettuce wraps

I have been actively participating in the app~~ my fitness pal~~ on my iphone to hopefully encourage myself into shedding those extra seasonal pounds!   I came up with this delightful recipe and we just love it!

Lettuce wraps with steamed halibut, of course you  could saute the halibut in a little olive oil...

Ingredients:
halibut
diced jicama
plain greek yogurt
1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro
fresh basil, sliced in a chiffonade
juice of 1/2 lime
scallions
salt, pepper
fresh garlic,minced
butter lettuce
I also like sriracha and put a couple of dots on my lettuce wrap with that wonderful spicy kick!

It is nice served with fresh wedges of pineapple on the side.

How to prepare?

First off I steam the halibut for a few minutes until cooked and then flake the meat off from the skin.  Set in on a plate and into the freezer for a quick cool down.

In a bowl I mix:
the rest of ingredients then add the halibut
yumm!
healthy and low calorie!





No comments:

Post a Comment