spring shabby blog

Sunday, June 15, 2014

My dear friend Gale

I met sweet Gale about 2 years ago; I'm so very fortunate that I have gotten to know many wonderful women through Etsy.  and through my beads... which actually saved me from despair in a very difficult time in my life.    Gale discovered that she had an incurable form of cancer and shared her journey with me.  I found out last weekend that Gale had passed on June 5th. Gale was a constant inspirational joy in my life.  Always kind, clever and fun to chat with.  I spoke with her on the phone several times and also the week before she passed. She was always positive, encouraging, kind, and helpful in so many ways.  If you recall I also posted a message from her about breast cancer. 

I am deeply saddened and I am praying for her husband Chuck and for her beloved pooches too.

Here is her online obituary. I know that many of you contacted me and told me you were praying for her.

www.peacocknewnamwhite.com

much love,
Denise



2 comments:

  1. Dear Denise,

    When you shared this news I was sad to hear of Gale 'a passing, as we were praying for a miracle. The emptiness we are left with when we lose someone we love is vast, but we must cherish the memories of how they touched our lives & carry them close in our heart, as there they will live forever. I was taken by her caring for others,...all the while she was suffering so. Sweet Gale still took the time to share with you & others so that we can have better awareness of breast cancer, that's a giving, loving person.

    My dear Mother explained passing in such a gentle way to me at a young age she said, "God picks his flowers when they are the most beautiful". We can all have peace in knowing she is no longer suffering, she is resting in Heaven now with our Lord & Saviour, Jesus.

    My deepest condolences sent to her Family.

    Love & warm Hugs of comfort sent.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    I am so sorry to hear about Gale. I too was praying for her. My grandmother died from breast cancer, my mother had breast surgery for pre-cancerous cells, I myself had a needle and surgical biopsy two years ago, and my Aunt is dealing with it right now. Breast cancer is an issue for my family, so I know the fear and dispair that Gale and her family must have felt. Hopefully her family can take some comfort in knowing that Gale is no longer in pain. I know it is very difficult for them at this time, but Gale sounded like a wonderful woman so as time passes I am sure they will have many wonderful memories of her to reflect on.

    My deepest sympathy to Gale, her family, and you.
    Hugs,
    Tina L.

    ReplyDelete